Monday, April 03, 2006

Cancelled at Wise Guys

I got a call from Sal today (Monday, April 3) saying that our gig at Wise Guys for Thursday, April 6, had been cancelled! He left a message that they had double booked (I booked this gig in early February), that it had been a nightmare the last two weeks with bands, yadda, yadda, yadda.
I tried calling just now (about 8:30 p.m.) and they told me he was doing an interview, then had a meeting, even though I was told earlier to call at this precise time. Guess he didn't want to talk to me live.
I basically left his assistant manager a message for Sal NOT to call us, that we were not interested in playing there, and also said that I had heard this had been a problem lately and that they need to treat their bands in a more professional manner. Would have loved to tell Sal that directly, but that was enough for me!
Basically, no big deal, other than I had already advertised it in the EDGE, Weekender and Current and in all the schedules I've handed out for the last month!
And to me, Wise Guys is no great loss, since they behave so unprofessionally with their bands. It would have been nice to have a gig in that area of town, but we still have 9 other gigs this month!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home