Thursday, September 29, 2005

WAAAAY Too Long Since the Last Update! Alter Ego at the Trap Sept. 30 and Hooligan's Oct. 1

Good Grief, has it been a MONTH since I last posted....I am a Baaaad blogger! It has been a very crazy month, especially in my real job at the San Antonio Food Bank. Pretty much a few days after my last post here, Hurrican Katrina hit New Orleans with all its fury, and every relief organization had to kick it into high gear to help the thousands of evacuees coming out of the affected areas. I ended up working outside my area of expertise (public relations) and ran a 75,000 square foot warehouse and a volunteer operation for about a week and a half. It was hard work, but very rewarding knowing that we were making a difference.
If you're looking to help out, you can make an online donation at http://www.safoodbank.org/hurricane_assistance.html . Every dollar makes a difference!
OK, let me tell you, I am seriously JONESING to get out and play again! As much as we enjoyed the weekend off, I get kinda antsy if I don't play at least once a week! I did have the opportunity to catch the My Chemical Romance concert last week, and I was extremely impressed by this up-and-coming band. One of the best live shows I've seen in years!
But I'm not writing to you to give you a concert review!
ALTER EGO is back on the scene this weekend at two of our favorite places to play. On FRIDAY, Sept. 30, we hit the Southsi-i-i-ide to play at THE TRAP, 4711 PECAN VALLEY (just off E. Southcross), beginning at 9:30 p.m. If you attended our last show there, you knew we had some technical problems that forced us to end the show early. We intend on making up for that, and then some, by ripping the roof off that place this week!
On SATURDAY, OCT. 1, we're up on the Northeast Side at HOOLIGAN'S, 13920 I-35N, next to the Live Oak Cinema, just off Pat Booker Road and Loop 1604. We had a GREAT time last time we were there, and we're booked for that location and the I-10 location throughout October and November. Both locations are a great place to hang out, get some excellent food, great drinks and party to some great music! We start at 9:30 p.m.
We're continiously picking up new gigs, like Click's Billiard, the Q Bar and Wise Guys, and are already booking into December. It's thanks to YOU, our friends and extended family, that we are able to enjoy continuing success. Thank you, one and all, on behalf of Bruce, Paul, Tony and myself, for supporting ALTER EGO and the San Antonio music scene.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rowan said...

Bad, bad blogger! Spank, spank!!

Seriously, good work on the hurricane relief effort! Wish I had some money to donate!!

(See you've had one of those #@%&# comment spammers too! Losers!)

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home